Poised on a cliff-top commanding stupendous views of the ocean, Sohamsa Ocean Estate comprises the five-bedroom Villa Soham and four-bedroom Villa Hamsa. The villas are set in an exclusive enclave on the southernmost part of the Bukit peninsula a still-unspoilt slice of Bali that's only half an hour from the airport and close to some of the island's best known attractions the iconic Uluwatu sea temple, for example, the seafood restaurants of Jimbaran Bay, and some world-famous surf breaks.
Sohamsa Ocean Estate owes its name to a Sanskrit mantra: 'Soham' and its inversion ham-sa (translating as I am he) suggests oneness with the universe. It's an inspired name, as the villas magical setting sparks mindfulness and an appreciation of nature's bounty. Within both beautifully designed villas are abundant living and dining spaces (both formal and casual, air-conditioned and alfresco), generous air-conditioned bedrooms and bathrooms, large infinity pools, and well-equipped gyms and massage rooms.
After a hearty breakfast served on the dining terrace, spend your morning pushing weights in the gym, working up a sweat in the sauna and cooling off with a few laps in the pool. After a morning of activity, you'll deserve a leisurely lunch in the poolside pavilion, and a siesta on the deck followed by a massage. Take your chauffeured car to Pandawa Beach for an afternoon swim or kayak, then sink into a deep relaxing bath with breathtaking ocean views, before adjourning to the pool pavilion for sunset cocktails and a seafood barbecue prepared by the highly accomplished chef part of a ten-strong staff dedicated to making your time at Sohamsa really special.
When both villas are rented together they can sleep up to 22 guests and are perfect for multiple families or groups of friends holidaying together. Conveniently for singles and those travelling with kids, most of the bedrooms can be set up as twins.
Villa Soham: 1,915sqm (land); 1,309sqm (villa). Villa Hamsa: 1,064sqm (land); 883sqm (villa).
Sohamsa Ocean Estate lies at the edge of the Bukit peninsula, a limestone plateau on the delightfully unspoiled southernmost tip of Bali. It rests within an exclusive enclave of luxury villas that line the cliff high above the Indian Ocean seemingly miles away from the islands busiest tourist districts yet just half an hour from the airport. While there is little within walking distance in this dramatic rural setting, just two kilometres away is Pandawa Beach with its stretch of white sand, local cafes and sea sports. Hidden beach coves and famed surf breaks are within easy reach, as is the sacred sea temple of Uluwatu, some very cool beach clubs and the restaurants of Jimbaran Bay and Nusa Dua.
- The villas have individual main entrances and parking areas and are connected via two gates in their gardens.
- Both villas have living pavilions with spacious lounge and dining areas.
- Villa Soham has a media room while theres a TV area in Hamsas living pavilion.
- Both villas have well-equipped kitchens, with discreet staff areas.
- Both villas have gyms and massage rooms. Soham also has a sauna and steam room.
- Both villas have large ironwood-decked terraces with stunning sea views.
- Both villas have alfresco dining terraces.
- Both villas have large swimming pools with sun terrace.
- Soham has a huge open-sided entertainment pavilion by the pool, with comfy seating and a kitchenette and barbecue area.
- All bedrooms are generously sized, and most have their own terrace.
- All are air-conditioned and have overhead fans
- All have TVs with cable channels and DVD players.
- Huge emperor-sided beds in both master bedrooms; beds are king-size, though all but one of the guest bedrooms can also be set up as twins.
- All bedrooms are ensuite, with air-conditioned bathrooms, monsoon showers, and ocean-vista bathtubs in most.
PLACES OF INTEREST:
Nusa Dua Beach
New Kuta Golf Club
Denpasar International Airport
Tanah Lot Sea Temple