This exceptional Basque family villa rental sits proudly on the surf-washed shores of the French Atlantic coast with inspiring panoramic views of the Ocean and inland to La Rhune, the highest peak in the Pyrenees-Atlantique mountain range. Floor to ceiling windows and sliding doors are predominant throughout the house making the most of the light and the glorious views from all rooms. A large lawn slopes gently down to the pool, the nearest sandy beach is only 200 metres and the nearest restaurant even closer still, making this an ideal base for families who want to ditch the car and enjoy the great outdoors!
Liven up the pace with one of the many exhilarating water sports available along this coastline; the Atlantic surf in this area is renowned the world over, and international surfing competitions are held here. Long, wide sandy beaches make kiting, beach-karting and kite surfing popular. For those who prefer less adrenaline, there are some spectacular golf courses here, plus relaxing Thalassotherapy spas, or you may just prefer to wander round the smart town of Biarritz and try your luck at the Casino's roulette tables, or venture south through the charming town of St Jean de Luz and across the border into Spain.
The Pyrenees offer endless opportunities for hiking, or you can take the highest train ride in Europe up to the summit of La Rhune where the panorama spans from the Atlantic across the Pyrenees and Northern Spain - breathtaking. The charming Basque villages dotted in the foothills are a must, especially the village of Espelette, where the colorful local peppers - the cornerstone of Basque cuisine - can be seen hanging out to dry in the sunshine. So much is possible from this exceptional Basque family villa rental!
- Dual aspect living room (TV, DVD, CD), with sea and mountain views, patio doors to terrace
- Dining room with kitchen/bar area, large patio doors onto terrace with 180 degree views
- Further fully equipped 'cooks' kitchen
- Double/twin bedroom, (1.80m or 2 x 0.90m) sea views, sliding glass doors to terrace, ensuite bathroom, WC
- Double/twin bedroom, (1.80m or 2 x 0.90m), mountain views, French doors to covered terrace, ensuite bathroom with separate shower cubicle, WC
- Double/twin bedroom, (1.80m or 2 x 0.90m), mountain views, double aspect windows and large glass sliding doors to covered terrace, ensuite shower room, WC
- Guest WC
- Master double bedroom, (1.80m), large glass sliding doors to private balcony with exceptional 180 degree views of sea and mountains, ensuite bathroom with separate shower cubicle, WC
- Steps up to mezzanine with possible two extra beds
- Two double bedrooms (1.60m), each with door to shared roof terrace, mountain views, ensuite bathrooms, WCs
- Double bedroom, (1.60m), sea views, with integral/screened bathroom, WC
- Double/twin bedroom, (1.80m or 2 x 0.90m), large, sliding glass doors to private roof terrace overlooking the sea, ensuite shower room, WC
Please note: both roof terraces are set within a sloping roof-line with no railings at the lowest point - children must be supervised.
Extensive, enclosed grounds of over 5 acres. Electronic gates open onto 100m long driveway with ample parking. Large, sloping lawn surrounding house. Large 17m x 6m heated, salt water pool. Jacuzzi. Table tennis. Outdoor dining terrace with wonderful sea and mountain views. Heli-pad.
Please note: the villa sits on high ground above a small local access road which runs at a lower level along one perimeter of the property, but this is well screened by mature hedging.
Charming owners live within the grounds in a small independent building at a discreet distance.